Friday, March 31, 2006

Aeron Chair- A La Mode





“Combining distinctive looks with pioneering ergonomics, Aeron performs like no other chair. It adapts naturally and adjusts precisely to fit people of all sizes and postures doing all kinds of activities, all day long. The imaginative design of both the work and side chairs gives superior comfort, body support, and style that are widely copied but never matched.”
-Herman Miller Website


I find it interesting that this “ergonomically perfect” chair has very traditional looking cushion on it. This chair was given to our division manager by a local furniture representative and has, obviously, not met his needs. Subsequently, this jarringly different cushion was placed on a very contemporary chair.

I gave this marriage of chair and cushion two Leos, because I have to laugh every time I walk by it. Don’t get me wrong, I doubt the chair is performing incorrectly; it probably needs to be adjusted to fit my division manager, but why bother when you can use a cushion that doesn’t remotely blend with its aesthetics?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - it's like spray painting eyeglasses and funny mustaches on Mount Rushmore...Herman Miller is rolling over somewhere, laughing his head off...

Anonymous said...

hmm

Anonymous said...

I've got a coworker with a forest green seat cushion on his aeron chair. Somebody should really jump on this market niche. Perhaps teaming up with Vera Bradley to make some quilted seat cusions. "The perfect addition to the perfect chair!" It practically sells itself.

Anonymous said...

OR...
Insert charcoal filters into the seat pad to make a flatulance filter, because that mesh on the aeron chair doesn't stop anything.

robin said...

I'll be sure to forward the last two comments to Herman Miller. I smell a nice contract in our future.