Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Family Stone



I resisted seeing "The Family Stone" for a long time even though it received good reviews from professional critics and friends had told me that they liked it. Well, I finally rented and watched it. I was prepared to be really annoyed by some of the actors and actresses, but they all surprised me by playing their roles so well that I was drawn into the movie and watched the characters and not the actors.
It was a lot more thought provoking and fresh than the ads ever insinuated. While some of the plot lines where predictable, the humor and portrayal was new enough to make it a really good movie. It was a great mix of humor, drama, and romance and I highly recommend this to males and females alike.
PS: Luke Wilson was hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED THIS. Read your comments and we rented it this weekend. I think they did a poor job of initially marketing the movie. It doesn't really fit into a good genre - reminded us of "Love Actually" in a lot of ways, which is another bigspang family fav. Great script, and the dialogue is delivered so naturally that I really bought that these people had grown up together.

Luke Wilson ALWAYS steals the show.