Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Talladega Nights



"Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" exceeded my expectations by having some really funny moments and enough of a plot to keep me interested. The story follows Ricky Bobby as he becomes the best race car driver only to come up against a new (better) driver and then goes through a series of problems trying to beat this French nemesis on the track. The cast for this movie was excellent and Will Ferrell gave an excellent performance playing a man with two first names. I could not stop laughing when he started running around the track with only his underwear on.
As a side note, Nathan and I watched this movie in a teenager filled theater with kids that have no understanding of anything that has occurred before they were born. A few jokes in this movie revolved around “Highlander” movie and not only 3 people in the theater laughed: Nathan, me, and some other old dude. The girl next to me asked, “What’s the highlander?” It saddens me that none of these kiddies have seen that classic Sean Connery film complete with swords and guys with kilts.
I do not think I would see this movie again, however, because I could do without the racing sequences as that's not really my cup of tea. Go see this movie if you like to laugh at Will Ferrell in his underwear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see that Happy Gilmore can be turned into a racing movie.