Monday, April 19, 2010

Sex and the Single Girl (1964)





Sex and the Single Girl is a fictionalized version of the novel with the same name and follows the the author, Helen Gurley Brown played by Natalie Wood, after she has published the novel and is enticed by a tabloid magazine executive, played by Tony Curtis.

This is a typical 1960's movie that attempts to shock you with sex and craziness.  I was mildly amused by the plot until about halfway through and then I was just bored.  A long and drawn out car chase occurs near the end of the movie and it turned the movie into pure silly dribble.  I enjoyed looking at a few of the sets, decor, and wardrobe as there were some inspiring pieces, but I don't think it's worth watching the movie just to see that.

I watched this movie on TCM and Ben Mankiewicz's introduction to the movie was funnier and more entertaining than the movie itself.

No comments: